Pre trip planning
808 miles total - estimated 17:30 hours travel time.
[Wednesday - May
Camping ... no camping ... camping. The final conclusion is we're
going to camp out for two nights at Cottonwood Cove for this
trip. Originally we are to rough it out at the Laughlin Harra's
casino but they're booked solid for May 30th and 31st.
could have stayed at another hotel but the price is right at the
campsite, $10 per 4 motorcycles. You can't beat that price when
you consider gasoline is close enough to $4.25 for a gallon of 91
grade, and it going to take quite a few gallons for us to get to where
we want to go. V, the Captain, and myself are happy to be camping
out. The Sarge, however, it's crimpin' his style. He starts
by saying, "My body can't handle camping because of the required
medication I have to take. I'm Bailing out!" Oh come one,
just because his drugs can reak havoc on the little guy if he does get
sufficient rest doesn't mean he has to "baile out". Come on
Sarge, we're not so cold blooded and cruel. Fortunately, the area
we're camping at is also know as Cottonwood Cove Resort. In other
words, there are also hotels and motels there. The Sarge was
happy to see this so he's not going to bail. Now we can continue
on our route planning.
[Sunday - May 25, 2008]
At this point the routes are settled. The accommodations have
been set (the Sarge is hoteling it), and now it's just a matter of
deciding what to take for the three days. Accoding to the
forecast, it's suppose to be nice and hot. Highs are in the mid
to upper 90s, and lows are in the mid to upper 60s. The rest of
us are going to camp it. Bringing a 30 degree sleeping bag will
probably roast me but it's the easiest thing to do. Plus, if the
temperature does dip below the 60s, I won't have a problem. This
is going to be a fun.
[Thursday - May 29,
Yup! It happened again. What is it you ask? The
Sergeant has once again bailed. He setup the date and at the last
minute, bailed once more. What was the excuse this time? He
said he was coming down with something. His son was also getting
ill. Well, I can't fault him too much, but nonetheless, he's
opted not to go at the last minute. V is also too busy at work so
she can't make it. Oh well, it's the three amigos.
What this also means is that we get to alter routes in the hopes that
the second day will be less of a distance strain. Instead of
staying at Cottonwood Cove both nights, we're going to stay at Boulder
Bay the first night and then Cottonwood Cove the second night. At
all works out I guess. Now it's just a matter of packing up and
heading out. We're suppose to cook every night so I have to bring
plenty of fuel.
At long last, I'm done packing at 11:30pm. That's early for
me. Most of the time I'm not done until 1:00AM. Now I have
to get myself ready for bed. Hopefully anxiety doesn't attack and
I'm able to get some sleep.
Greater than 10 tons at 80MPH - Day 1
Cottonwood Cove ... are you sure? - Day 2
Should have used the Coolvest yesterday - Day
Written on: May 14, 2008
Last modified: June 2, 2008